Nowadays, in order to access a job, you must fulfill some requirements, such as having some skills regarding digital literacy. However, some figures show that almost half of EU citizens are digitally illiterate. Digital literacy is one of the basic skills to access to the labor market, but if there is a lack of it in the citizens of a member state it can affect negatively to its economic growth and eventually end up affecting to the European Union as a whole.
In order to change the digital illiteracy that affects the European Union, this project aims at offering an opportunity to adult learners to engage in a new learning environment through the so-called augmented reality. Therefore a digital toolkit named DESK, which stands for Adult Digital Education Skills Kit to Foster Employability, will be created to instruct adult trainers on how to create digital content for their class and promote lifelong learning to adults as well as help them improve their skills to access labor market. Thus the target group of this project will be adult trainers from the partners belonging to the EU member states, as well as adult students with a lack of digital literacy.
The project will start on the 1st of November 2018 and will be accomplished by the end of April 2021.
The main objectives are:
- Establishing a curriculum based on training needs of adults according to the digital skills needed to improve and foster employability.
- Implement e-Learning content based on the previously established curriculum.
- Develop a set of case studies as examples of Augmented Reality for training adults.
- Develop the “Digital Adult Trainers Toolkit”.
- Evaluation of this toolkit by a group of Adult Trainers.
- Disseminate results of this project across Europe and distribute the “DESK Toolkit”.
- MPIRMPAKOS D. & SIA O.E. (Greece)
- UNIVERSITATEA POLITEHNICA DIN BUCURESTI (Romania)
- MACDAC ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY BUREAU LTD – MECB (Malta)
- Archon sp. z o.o. (Poland)
- EURO-NET (Italy)
- ZIKAS EYAGGELOS (Greece)
- MEDIA CREATIVA 2020, S.L. (Spain)
- Evropska rozvojova agentura, s.r.o. (Czech Republic)