PRINTSTEM: Pedagogical Resources IN Teaching Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
This project PRINTSTEM (Pedagogical Resources IN Teaching Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) aimed at developing, testing and modeling solutions for use of 3D printers applied to the teaching of STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).The proposal intended to leverage the results achieved by the project “3D printers in schools: uses in the curriculum” conducted in 2013 by 21 schools in the United Kingdom and whose main purpose was to experiment with the use of 3D printers to innovate teaching methods for scientific subjects in secondary level schools (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
In the project there were partners from 7 European countries:
- Istituto Tecnico Industriale Statale “A.Berenini” (coordinator)
- Centro Servizi PMI Soc. Cons. a r.l.
- Istituto di Istruzione Superiore Statale “Carlo Emilio Gadda”
- Forma Futuro Soc Cons. a r.l.
- Kirkby Stephen Grammar School
- Danmar Computers
- Asociacion De Investigacion De La Industria del Juguete, Conexas Y Afines
- Sabanci Kiz Teknek Ve Meslek Lisesi
- Evropská rozvojová agentura, s.r.o.
The following results were achieved in the project according to the approved application:
- analysis-study of the potential application of 3D print technology to experimental teaching of mathematics and science, dealing with the main problems of “low achievers”, in terms of lack of attention and low interest;
- guidelines for the setting up of an interdisciplinary team of teachers for experimental teaching with 3D printer. This way teachers will be guided towards new teaching approaches and will be invited to plan different possible applications for 3D printer technology in the teaching of their subjects;
- conduction of 5 extracurricular project work programmes (independent learning and pupil-led experimentation) and accessible as OER, in the field of design and of product engineering technology, to discover the beauty of “making” using an interdisciplinary approach;
- the conduction of 5 experimentations aimed at the mediation of abstract concepts in mathematics teaching (teach-led experimentation), accessible as OER;
- the conduction of 5 experimentations aimed at the mediation of abstract concepts in the teaching of physical and natural sciences (teach-led experimentation), accessible as OER.
The project was financed by the Erasmus+ programme.
You can follow the project at the project’s website: www.printstemproject.eu.
Back to Running projects.
- 09. 10. 2018 First Newsletter of 3D-HELP project
- 09. 10. 2018 Participants of CREAT.Y.V. project visited Italy
- 14. 08. 2018 AgriGo4Cities 4th Project Partners Meeting in Prague