In a world run by constantly-evolving digital technologies, young people can be defined as “digital natives”: as fresh-minted citizens of a humming cyberspace, they have grown up with texting, sexting, social media, and online information sources. Yet, our society must deal with the fact that many of them are not always provided with adequate knowledge of the matter, and that they often use new technologies in an unconscious, careless and irresponsible way.
“Behave Your Prints” project aims at tackling young people’s lack of awareness of the digital footprint and the digital reputation, and its main objectives are:
- to contribute to professional development of youth workers in order to empower education in the field of digital citizenship;
- to support young people (14-18), including those with disadvantaged backgrounds, to become active citizens in today’s digital society
- to encourage them to participate online responsibly and behave correctly, in order to protect their online reputation for their own professional and social future.
The project started on April 1st, 2022 and will be accomplished by April 1st, 2024.
Our project partners are:
- ICE – Institute for Contemporary Education (Serbia)
- Smart Idea (Slovenia)
- Beyond Barriers (Albania)
- Edukopro B-H (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Mensa Crna Gora (Montenegro)