Online Reflective Writing in higher Education and Lifelong Learning
The general objective of ORWELL is supporting digital writing competencies in higher education. Today, more than ever, students are immersed in a technology-rich environment, which provides them with opportunities to improve and support fundamental skills such as writing. We interpret digital in two ways: students have to learn to write in digital spaces, students have to learn to use digital tools to support their writing processes.
ORWELL supports the digital transformation plans of higher education institutions and the creation of a high-performing digital education ecosystem by focusing on two main priorities:
1. Addressing digital transformation through development of digital readiness, resilience and capacity
2. Stimulating innovative learning and teaching practices. We will focus on students’ digital writing. Writing is a fundamental skill. People use this versatile skill for several functions, including learning new ideas, supporting reflection, recording information or exploring the meaning of events and situations.
This project aims at developing three digital tools that can be used by students and teaching staff to:
1. share good practices of writing in technology-rich environments across disciplines
2. improve discipline-general writing skills
3. support collaborative writing in online environments. We expect to produce the following concrete results:
Identification and sharing of good practices in technology-supported digital writing.
The project started on December 1st, 2022 and will be accomplished by July 31st, 2024
Our project partners are :
- University of Florence (IT)
- University of Cantabria (SP)
- Malmö University (SW)
- WIDE Services (GR)
You can find more on the project on the project website https://orwellproject.eu/