The inaugural conference of the project Act Locally Develops Globally – But Green! entitled Roma as Leaders and subtitled “Social entrepreneurship in the field of waste management contributes to economic growth at the local level” was successfully held on the 19th of March in the Exe Iris Hotel Praha.
Program of the conference included official welcome by Mgr. Martin Synkule, MA, the CEO of EuDA, the introduction to the project given by Adnan Memed from the Municipality of Shuto Orizari and a talk by Mr. Nadir Redzepi from the Open Society Foundations with the topis “Roma in European perspective“.
After the short breake 3 best practices were presented:
- Self-entrepreneurship of Roma in Slovenia by Harris Tahirovic (President, Roma Informative Center Anglunipe) –
- Experience with green business in Shuto Orizari by Mr. Zoran Dimov (President, Association Roma Business Informative Center in Macedonia)
- Bulgarian experience with green business by Zlatko Mladenov (President, Roma Public Council Kupate, Bulgaria)
In the afternoon the participants were divided into working groups and discussed the topics below. At the end of the session outcomes were jointly presented and confronted with others.
- Workshop 1 – Legal environment of doing green business in the region (focus countries Macedonia, CZ, Bulgaria, Slovenia) and possible amendments towards its improvement
- Workshop 2 – Existing green businesses in the region (focus countries Macedonia, CZ, Bulgaria, Slovenia) and their success
- Workshop 3 -Options for environmental business: possibilities and conditions for starting a business.
For more information about the project have a look here.