How to save energy tomorrow by acting today? The question countless cities and municipalities ask. This is the same issue EUCF seeks to solve.
New help for old problems
EUCF is set up under the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation of the European Union. It facilitates the transformation of energy and climate strategies into implementable investment concepts.
EUCF offers financial and technical assistance for sustainable energy practices to cities, municipalities, and their groupings from the European Union and the United Kingdom. The ultimate objective of EUCF is to help initiate energy investment projects across European municipalities.
ABC of EUCF
A – Application
There are three regional calls for application: 1. Central and Eastern Europe, 2. Nordic countries & Western Europe, 3. Southern Europe. Applying is a two-step process: eligibility check and full application.
The eligibility check is a five-item questionnaire which launches the application form in the EUCF website user zone. The application form must include: information on the applicant, description of the investment concept, respectively investment project.
Successful applications move onto the Grant Agreement phase where the beneficiaries receive 70% of the grant. Remaining 30% is awarded after the validation of the investment concept. The unsuccessful applications are redirected to the EUCF Helpdesk for feedback in view of potential reapplication.
B – Benefits
The EUCF offers a toolbox to further assist the beneficiaries:
- Country Experts
- EUCF Helpdesk
- standard tools (Glossary, Case studies)
- documents (Investment Concept template)
- capacity building events
Firstly, after obtaining the grant, for the upcoming twelve months, the EUCF provides support for development of the investment concept in the beneficiaries’ national language. Secondly, there is a two-year monitoring period when the investment concept is implemented, supervised, and documented via two simple monitoring forms submitted to EUCF.
C – Chronology
The current EUCF Calls for Proposals are:
- 1st call 25 May 2020-October 2020
- 2nd call March – April 2021
- 3rd call October – November 2021
- 4th call May – June 2022